How The Recent Google Changes Have Impacted Internet and Affiliate Marketing
When Internet marketing and affiliate marketing broke out a number of years ago, people were noting it as the fastest growing industry in the world for jobs, and this is probably a true statement given all of the facts about it. Now, people have found all kinds of different ways to go about succeeding in this industry. People have come up with secrets, methods, products, and different ways of making money here. If you go to some of the forums online, you will find all kinds of threads where people are posting all kinds of products that they are selling, and they are all different ways to “succeed” in this industry. So, as you can see, Internet marketing has truly made a huge impact on the “online job” industry. Now, one of the biggest protagonists in this field is the powerful search engine, Google, and over the years, they have made quite a few changes to they way that they operate, and because of these changes over the years, it has truly had a huge impact on Internet marketing and affiliate marketing.
We will talk more about what Google has done recently that has really changed the game altogether, but first, lets discuss how things used to work. When Internet marketing first came on the scene, it was a very common practice to use article marketing as a tool to get backlinks to your website in order to make more sales. Well, people were basically writing articles left and right to try to get more backlinks to their site, and they weren’t even writing unique articles, they were basically just rewriting the same article (with different wording) over and over again. This worked for a while, but Google eventually caught on to what was happening, and then made some algorithm changes and came out with the Panda update, so that duplicated content would be DE indexed from Google, and future duplicated content would be rejected Google. This had a pretty big impact on spun articles as well. So, this was one of the first big game-changers for everyone in the field of Internet marketers.
Now why did Google have such a problem with these types of content?
Well, the problem really was that people weren’t having that awesome Google experience anymore, because when they typed their searches in, they were being taken to 15 or so pages of the same garbage being said over and over and over again, and a lot of this information was not relevant at all, it was just articles people had put together in order to drive people to their affiliate links.
So this is from back around late 2009-early 2010, and more recently here, Google has made even more changes to their policies and has mad the Internet marketers job even trickier. Truly, you have to think harder and smarter now if you’re going to succeed in this industry and stay high on Google’s “good list.”
Recently, Google has made some big-time changes in the fact that they are starting to shut down blog networks that allow marketers to do link building. Blog networks up till this point have been really useful because of their easiness to use and the power of link building that they offer. The trick was to pay for a service to get into blog network that was private, and from there the person would create short articles around 200 words that included the backlink, and they would be able to publish to many, many blog pages that were owned by the company. This worked very well and was allowing a lot of people to make a lot of money, a huge income in fact! It worked so well, that Google decided it was time to pull the plug on this strategy, and they have begun to de-index the blogs that have been put into their system, thus ending the link building bonanza that has been going on lately.
Well what does this mean?
It means that all of these blog pages are not coming up in the searches, and so all those great backlinks that the person has is now completely and totally worthless! Now, not every blog network has been shut down…yet, but they are on Google’s radar, and will be getting canned very soon, so, it may be time for you to start trying to find a better way to prosper.
Google has come out to say that over the next several months, they will be making several more changes to really impact SEO in general, and that articles will be de-indexed from Google based on “user experience”. This is a big impact on Internet marketers, maybe the biggest yet, as SEO is really the bread and butter of Internet marketing. I mean, how is one to even get their article to show up with using search engine optimization? According to Google, they are only going to be looking for the best of the best. This is going to really hurt the “not-so-skilled” writers, will almost surely completely shut down any companies who do spun articles, and will hurt many of the article writing businesses that provide “less than high quality” content.
When Google makes these next set of changes later this year, Internet marketers are going to have to work even harder to make money. They will have to spend more time making sure that the content that they are publishing is unique in context, is full of engaging and informative information, and is not bloated with things that Google will see as SEO. The typical 3% keyword density might be way too much after these changes occur.
The recent Google changes have really impacted the Internet and affiliate marketing in general. Over the next year, Google will make even more changes, and will probably be the biggest game-changer yet. Google is both the best friend and the worst enemy of an Internet marketer, they can’t live with them, but they can’t live without them. Taking time to start honing your skills and getting ready for these changes will see that you are ahead of the crowd when Google slaps everyone silly later this year and truly begins to separate the “men from the boys.”
- Recruitment Recruitment Website Run your own recruitment jobs board. Charge employers to list their vacancies on your website
- Auction Website Auction Website Run your own auction website like eBay. Charge users to list their items to sell on your website
- Body Building Body Building Earn money from the body building industry with your own blog via Clickbank and Google adsense
- 3D Electronics 3D Products 3D Products store selling TVs, Glasses, DVD Players, Home cinemas, Cameras, Game Boys and much more
- Camping Camping Great opportunity selling everything related to camping and the outdoors from Tents to Clothing
- Sports Fitness Fitness website for sale. Make money online from selling sports equipment.
- Music Music Music based website for sale. Earn commission selling musical instruments, MP3 downloads, Clickbank products
- Wedding Planner Wedding Planner Earn commission selling wedding services
- Holiday Lettings Holiday Lettings Run your own holiday lettings website
- Travel Business Travel Business Earn commission selling holidays, flights, etc
- Classified Ads Classified Ads Run your own classified ads website
- Amazon Shopping Amazon Shopping Make money selling Amazons product range. Sell 1,000's of their products
- Forex Trading Forex Trading Earn high commissions in the stock market industry. Refer users to sign up to stock market products/services
- Ipad Website Ipad Website Earn commission selling Apples Ipad and accessories via Amazon associates affiliate program
- Work From Home Make Money Online Earn commission from selling work from home opportunities to people looking to make money online
- Games Consoles Games Consoles Earn commission from selling games consoles, videos games and accessories
- Sell Computers Computer & Laptop Earn commission from selling laptops, computers and accessories via Amazons affiliate network
- Weight Loss Weight Loss Make money selling weight loss products
- Property Listings Property Listings Run your own property listings website. Charge users and estate agents to list their properties
- Auto Trader Auto Trader Run your own Auto trader / Car classified ads website. Charge users to list their vehicle on your website
- Finance Website Finance Website Earn commission referring users to financial products