Whether you have been building up your web business for years, or have built up a site purely with the aim of selling it on, it’s important to follow a number of guidelines in order to receive what you think your website is worth. Selling a website is not as simple as listing it on an auction website, and hoping someone offers you an amount that you are willing to take. Instead, it is a process that when done correctly can help you to make a good return on your investment. These tips, provided by BestWebHosting.co.uk, should help to simplify the process.
1. Understand Your Website’s Long Term Value
The average sale price of a website is usually between six and ten times its monthly profit. And, whilst this figure may sound large – especially for a business that generates a few thousand dollars in revenue each month – it’s much lower than the price you would expect to receive for an offline business. So, when selling your website, it’s important to consider its long term value. If you think your website could reap more profits in the future, and you can back this up, you can expect to receive an even higher price for it.
2. Know Your Audience
Website buyers vary in what they are looking for, so it’s important to understand how to sell to them correctly. When selling to a private buyer, for example, you may want to focus more on how they can grow the website to reap more revenue. Whereas, if you are selling on an auction site, such as Flippa, you will want to make the majority of your listing data driven, with full analytics and profit information on display.
3. Optimise Your Profits Before Selling
Before attempting to sell your site, it’s a good idea to optimise it as much as you can. You’d be surprised how many poorly run sites are put up for sale that could have reached a higher price had they implemented some form of monetary advertising. Test different advertising networks on your site, and see which ones are the most profitable. Just a few small advertising changes could dramatically increase the sale price of your site.
4. Use a Proper Outlet
There are hundreds of websites out there offering to help you sell your website, but not all of them will be beneficial. Flippa is perhaps the largest, and most well known, but it is only really ideal for mainstream sites that are already generating large profits. If you are running a niche website, you may be best selling it on a niche sales page. You may have access to less buyers, but you will have access to more buyers who are interested in your site – quality over quantity.
Websites are usually purchased to be part of a long term investment, so make sure your site is attractive to potential buyers rather than hurriedly placing it up for sale. It will be well worth your effort.
In case you are looking for blogging services, then you can be certain that you have come to the right place. There are many firms today that deal in building powerful links as the strategy to help various web sites to get the best rankings in most search engines. In this way, those who own web sites are going out of their way to hire the services provided by such firms so that they can get high quality and better quantities of traffic on their web sites.
Today, the blog commenting service is a pretty efficient and effective method of building links. This is because it has been designed in such a way that web sites will get great quick links. As we have seen in the preceding paragraph, the aim of such a strategy is to ensure that the site on which the comments are posted will get better ranking in Google and such like search engines.
As the name suggests, blog commenting will typically involve the posting of comments in a number of blogs. Still, you should note that there is a major difference between blog submission and blog commenting to truly understand what the latter entails.
You should also remember that blogging is increasingly becoming affordable. Actually, it happens to be more affordable especially when you compare it to some of the other tactics web sites employ to improve their rankings on search engines. Still, you can use it in combination with such other services for the best effect.
Today, blogs and blog commenting are pretty popular. This is mainly due to the fact that more and more people are spending their time on the internet that on any other kind of media. It means, therefore, that to be able to get through to these people, you will certainly need to use a blog.
However, to make the most out of this fact, you will be well advised to engage in a blog commenting campaign. You can do this on your own, get a couple of friends to help you out or even to ensure that you get the most professional kind of blog commenting using experts who are actually good at it.
There are many benefits that come with blog commenting. For starters, you can be certain that they will accelerate and increase your exposure. This is especially so if you post on the more popular blogs. Actually, so long as you ensure that such comments are posted on sites that are relevant to yours, you can rest assured that you will get limitless exposure.
To come to a suitable conclusion, keep in mind that you can rely on blogging and blog commenting services to drive your reputation better and gain greater value especially in those markets that are more important to your firm. This way, traffic will be directed more towards you for greater sales. In fact, it has been noted that the typical blog commenting service will get more back links of a high quality to your web site.
- Recruitment Recruitment Website Run your own recruitment jobs board. Charge employers to list their vacancies on your website
- Auction Website Auction Website Run your own auction website like eBay. Charge users to list their items to sell on your website
- Body Building Body Building Earn money from the body building industry with your own blog via Clickbank and Google adsense
- 3D Electronics 3D Products 3D Products store selling TVs, Glasses, DVD Players, Home cinemas, Cameras, Game Boys and much more
- Camping Camping Great opportunity selling everything related to camping and the outdoors from Tents to Clothing
- Sports Fitness Fitness website for sale. Make money online from selling sports equipment.
- Music Music Music based website for sale. Earn commission selling musical instruments, MP3 downloads, Clickbank products
- Wedding Planner Wedding Planner Earn commission selling wedding services
- Holiday Lettings Holiday Lettings Run your own holiday lettings website
- Travel Business Travel Business Earn commission selling holidays, flights, etc
- Classified Ads Classified Ads Run your own classified ads website
- Amazon Shopping Amazon Shopping Make money selling Amazons product range. Sell 1,000's of their products
- Forex Trading Forex Trading Earn high commissions in the stock market industry. Refer users to sign up to stock market products/services
- Ipad Website Ipad Website Earn commission selling Apples Ipad and accessories via Amazon associates affiliate program
- Work From Home Make Money Online Earn commission from selling work from home opportunities to people looking to make money online
- Games Consoles Games Consoles Earn commission from selling games consoles, videos games and accessories
- Sell Computers Computer & Laptop Earn commission from selling laptops, computers and accessories via Amazons affiliate network
- Weight Loss Weight Loss Make money selling weight loss products
- Property Listings Property Listings Run your own property listings website. Charge users and estate agents to list their properties
- Auto Trader Auto Trader Run your own Auto trader / Car classified ads website. Charge users to list their vehicle on your website
- Finance Website Finance Website Earn commission referring users to financial products